Wildlife Asia is very proud to be working in partnership with Kid’s Cut Conflict Palm Oil (KCCPO). We believe that children have such a powerful voice on conservation issues. When kids care, adults listen! This is a truly inspirational bunch of young people with boundless energy and we welcome their efforts to take the message global.
- Launch of Kids Cut Palm Oil Day on Nov 30th, 2015, where more than 30 schools worldwide dedicated a day to learning about the effects on Conflict Palm Oil (CPO) on the worlds remaining forests. The kids identified products containing CPO and many children made a pledge to not consume them.
- Jane Goodall- We are so delighted that Jane has endorsed our campaign and has invited us to be part of her roots and shoots program https://www.facebook.com/graspunep/videos/10153818915628993/
- Cop21 Paris- We were so happy to be represented by one of our members at a press conference at COP21 in Paris.
- Avaaz Climate Marchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hN83QdOfE&feature=youtu.be
We have presented at more that 15 local and international schools and since we launched we have done presentations at 2 schools per month. We have been invited to Singapore in May 2016 to speak at United World College and Facebook offices, Singapore. We are presenting in June 2016 at schools in the UK.
We presented and led a workshop along with Dr Mike Johnson at GIN Sanur in March 2016. The workshop was entitled “inspiring kids to be changemakers”
- We were delighted to be invited as key note speakers to GIN Borneo in September.
Media and Resources
An article written about our initiative
Lesson plans created by us for upper primary we send to all schools we connect with;
A beautiful presentation created by one of our members Liela who goes to UN school in NYC
Our contest entry for the Beyond the Haze contest, the organisers asked us to step down as entrants and host their event instead.
Want to get involved? Contact us today to find out how!